Library & Audio/ Visual Resources
Nestled within our ASHH School and Holistic Health Center, the Library is a cozy and bright room stocked with a vast assortment of herbal medicine books, materia medica resources, videos, audio CDs and tapes of professional lectures and presentations, and much more. Our library is open to students and the general public. We provide comfortable seating and tables for study and casual reading.
ASHH Library Hours
- Monday – Friday 11:30am-6:30pm
- Saturday 10:30am-5:30pm
ASHH Library Guidelines
The Library is an “on-site” facility, meaning that resources must stay at the school and are not available to check out for home use. Thank you for respecting this policy!
Please silence your cell phone in the Library and take phone calls outside.
There is plenty of room for everyone–we encourage small study groups! Please be sure to offer space to those who are elderly or handicapped.
Our staff is available to help you navigate the library’s resources. Just ask us if you need additional help.
Be sure to check out our Faculty Articles, too!
Tips for Enjoying The Library
- Arrive one hour before your scheduled class time to read and center yourself before your lesson.
- Browse related materials after a special topic workshop.
- Practice memorizing scientific names of herbs, plants and trees before or after your weekly class.
- Challenge yourself by learning a new facet of herbalism (for example: Native American medicine, Chinese herbs, Ayurveda, Appalachian folk medicine, plant allies and magic)
- Relax, slip on a pair of headphones and listen to a professional lecture. Don’t worry about taking notes. Just enjoy!
- Bring a sketchbook to sketch plant illustrations and add info to your own pages.
- Plan your garden for next year.
- Learn all about bees and pollination.
- Consult our aromatherapy books to craft your own aromatherapy recipes.
- Create a monthly wellness and nutrition plan for yourself and your family.
- Get inspired by videos of elders and healers.
- Expand your basic Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) study.
- Consult books on wild edibles for natural and creative meal ideas.
Library Books (grouped by subject)
- Aromatherapy & Flower Essences
- Field Guides
- Food & Nutrition
- Herbals & Medicine Making
- Magical Herbalism
- Pathologies & Physiology
- Permaculture & Gardening
- Women & Children