Stone and Crystal Medicine
Dates: March-September, 2015
Last weekend of each Month
(Saturdays 10-5, Sundays 9-2)
March 28th & 29th
April 25th & 26th
May 30th & 31st
July 25th & 26th
August 29th & 30th
September 26th & 27th
Click here to see the 2015 Syllabus! (Syllabus is subject to change)
Course Length: Five months
Instructor: Sarah Thomas
Embody the deepest layer of natural medicine and learn to weave it into your current practice of herbalism, acupuncture, bodywork, or stay-at-home magic. Understand the origins of mineral medicine, its role throughout our history, and where it is today.
What You Will Learn:
- Study dozens of stones and their properties according to ancient Taoist texts.
- Discover how to create on-the-body stone treatments for many spiritual and physical conditions.
- Learn to alchemize, prescribe, and dose effective mineral elixirs.
- Identify and harvest stones on rock-hounding trips in the Blue Ridge mountains.
- Become a practitioner of science and magic!
This course is perfect for:
- Herbalism students and practitioners
- Acupuncturists, massage therapist, energy healing, and any holistic health practitioners wanting to add a new modality to their toolkit
- Naturalist and nature enthusiasts curious about the medicinal properties of stones
- Geologists and science teachers looking to take their understanding of stones to new heights
- Those looking for a better awareness of how nature can help enhance our daily lives
Prerequisites/Requirements: Commitment to upholding sacred space in class; including but not limited to: arriving on time, talking in turn, respecting instructors and classmates, maintaining excellent attendance
Tuition: $1099 Early Bird Special (before January 1, 2015)
$1199 (after January 1, 2015)
Payment Plans Available
Your nonrefundable $50 deposit holds your place in the class and is applied to tuition.